Sunday, March 07, 2004

On Hiatus For Awhile...Until Site Redesign Rolled Out

I'm writing a book, not to mention finishing up a software rollout, so I will be scarce from the blogosphere for awhile.

As a warning to all bloggers and blog readers, beware of the echo chamber. Seek varying opinions, and make sure you expose yourself to information outside of your immediate circle.

(text excised)

Also, something I've learned is that personal communication can be invaluable, especially in regards to conflict resolution, as a tonic for online communication. To make a long story short, I took a particularly smug and arrogant tone to Brad DeLong's blog, he removed me, I reacted, we discussed it, and the matter is resolved. Lesson learned on my part, and vice-versa.

For the record, Brad DeLong is one of our finest bloggers, his economic analysis brings an invaluable perspective to the blogosphere, and I encourage everyone to visit him and his insights regularly. In the meantime, I need to find a niche of my own.