Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Polemic On The Web - Bloggers As Transformative Consumers

Mark over at the The American Sentimentalist has an intriguing analysis and investigation of the use of polemics in weblogs. Now, I wouldn't know know exactly what he's talking about, as I am totally innocent of any polemics whatsoever. He clearly is not talking about me.

Huh? What's that? Oh. I see...it's a good thing. Yes, it is. Mark makes a great case for the individualist enterprise of the blogger, and transforming the medium of news and opinion from one of limited producers feeding a largely passive customer base to a more active, engaged, and rewarding experience of affirmation. He gets pretty philosophical, but it's definitely digestible if you give yourself some time. I'm still taking it in myself, and will report back later on my full thoughts and revelations in its regard.

Also, I'm blog rolling Mark right now. Well, immediately after this post. I'm surprised I haven't stumbled upon him earlier. He's really got a great blog, one that holds a multitude of unique and thoughtful insights. Thanks for letting me know you're out there Mark.